Last updated on February 10, 2019
Puerto Aventuras, Q.R. — A man was pronounced dead by paramedics after emergency officials were called to the Chedraui supermarket in Puerto Aventuras.
The emergency call came in around noon when an electrician was apparently repairing the store’s air conditioning system. Reports say that the man, a 20-year-local, was electrocuted while performing maintenance on the unit.
Municipal police arrived along with paramedics, however, they confirmed the young man had already died for apparently for not wearing safety equipment.