Press "Enter" to skip to content

Woman smells gas, car catches fire in Puerto Morelos

Puerto Morelos, Q.R. — Firefighters in Puerto Morelos were called to a car fire after a woman reported smelling gasoline.

On Thursday, a woman from Cancun says she dropped her husband off at work at a hotel in Puerto Morelos. The woman said that after she left her husband, she began to smell gasoline. She pulled over the shut the car off. That’s when flames ignited.

She said she got out of the car moments before the car became engulfed.

Members of the Municipal Secretariat of Public Safety and Traffic, as well as firemen, arrived on Avenida Niños Héroes where they found her car fully engulfed in flames. Officials say the cause was likely due to a an electric failure.

Although the car was a write-off, there were no injuries.