Press "Enter" to skip to content

With 100 percent occupancy rate 75,000 expected for spring break

Cancun, Q.R. – Cancun and many parts of the Riviera Maya are seeing one hundred percent occupancy rates for the Easter spring break holiday season.

State governor, Roberto Borge Angulo, announced via a press release that at the beginning of the week, hotels were at a 90 percent occupancy rate and that now, Cancun’s more than 37,000 hotel rooms are operating at full capacity.

“The domestic and foreign tourism keeps Quintana Roo as their favorite holiday destination. Cancun tourists arrive each year from 170 airports worldwide which serves more than 80 airlines,” he said.

Domestic tourism accounts for more than 30 percent of all visitors between Cancun and Puerto Morelos, with the remaining 70 percent arriving from around the world.

He added that “the dollar parity provides a competitive advantage that makes Americans more attracted to our destinations, maintaining a preference for Quintana Roo.”

During the Easter holiday season, the Cancun Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Office for Tourism are anticipating the arrival of 75,000 springbreakers. The crowds are expected to remain until April 4.

Comments are closed.