Press "Enter" to skip to content

Two shocked when metal joist contacts CFE wires

Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — Two men have suffered serious burns after receiving an electrical shock on the second floor of a Playa del Carmen home.

The two men were working on the home when they lifted a metal joist that came into contact with the overhead electrical wires. The impact from connecting with the high-voltage wires threw both men down 2.5 meters to the next level.

Civil Protection arrived at the home located on Juarez Avenue in central Playa del Carmen where the Heroico Cuerpo de Bomberos de Solidaridad also arrived after being called for a rescue. Civil Protection requested the cut to electricity while firemen rescued the two immobilized men from the second floor, transporting them to a waiting ambulance.

Two men suffer serious burns after receiving an electrical shock
Phto: Protección Civil

One of the men received first and second degree burns on his body as well as injuries from the fall. He’s been listed in serious condition, while his coworker was shocked but received most of his injuries also from the fall.