Press "Enter" to skip to content

Tulum worker dies after making contact with CFE wires

Tulum, Q.R. — An employee of a local telecommunications company died after receiving an electric shock while performing cable installation. The accident happened Thursday afternoon when the man was installing fiber optics along a Tulum highway.

The IZZI company worker had climbed a CFE pole located along the Tulum-Coba road when he made contact with electric wires. Emergency services were called. When police and firemen arrived, they found the man dangling approximately six meters above the ground in his harness.

CFE had to cut the power in order for him to be rescued. He was removed from the post alive, but died later in hospital. The deceased has been identified as Elias V. G.

Loading...