Press "Enter" to skip to content

Tourist hospitalized after making contact with electric cables

Tulum, Q.R. — An American woman was taken to a private clinic for treatment after she made contact with high voltage wires.

The incident happened on the top of a building in Tulum when a tourist, who was staying in the building, climbed to the rooftop where she got close enough to the high voltage cables to receive a shock.

The New York woman, who has not been identified, had to be lowered from the building’s rooftop by firemen. She was strapped to a stretcher and lowered down from the roof to a waiting ambulance who transferred her to a private clinic.

There was no word on why the woman climbed to the rooftop of the building. She sustained first and second degree burns.

Loading...