Press "Enter" to skip to content

Television connection cause of Cozumel house fire

Cozumel, Q.R. — An electrical short circuit has been blamed as the cause of a fire that consumed a home in Cozumel Tuesday.

The fire began in a home in the San Gervasio neighborhood. Seeing the fire, nearby residents threw water on flames to prevent spreading in the absence of the property owner. Firemen were quick to arrive, with all six dousing flames and preventing additional damage to nearby homes.

According to fire commander Róger Pasos Catzín, the owner of the house was not there which prompted neighbors to call emergency 911 and begin throwing water on flames.

Hector Mac, Director of Municipal Civil Protection reported a short circuit in a cable where a television was connected was the cause of the fire.

Loading...