Cozumel, Q.R. — Emergency personnel responded to the report of a fire at a BBVA bank branch in the center of the city Tuesday morning with no reported injuries.
The report of a fire inside the bank branch was made by staff who had arrived for work. The call came in just before 8:00 a.m. when emergency personnel were told about the site of smoke. Members of the Cozumel fire department arrived on scene along with Civil Protection.
Preliminary reports indicate that the fire was generated by a short circuit in the air conditioning system. The incident was contained and no injuries reported while fire and civil protection elements carried out the necessary inspections to avoid a future incident.