Tulum, Q.R. — Tulum firemen report two cabins from a hotel in Punta Piedra were destroyed by fire after an electrical short. The fire began around 6:00 p.m. Thursday at Serena Tulum in Punta Piedra.
According to the first investigations, the fire was started by a short circuit that quickly ignited the roof two cabins, which were made of palapa grass and wood. Two of the hotel’s cabins were gutted due to the fire.
Elements of Civil Protection arrived to assist firefighters who were able to suffocate flames before they spread. There were no injuries reported. The damage has been pegged at several thousand peso.