Press "Enter" to skip to content

Short circuit blamed for Cozumel school fire

Cozumel., Q.R. — An apparent short circuit is being hailed the cause of a fire that broke out in a Cozumel school.

Firemen were on scene at Instituto Partenon high school around 5:00 p.m. Monday after receiving reports of flames. Using more than 2,000 liters of water, firemen extinguished the fire that had started in the music room of the high school.

The entire room was damaged with everything from furniture to musical equipment being lost due to the fire. School director Hilario Gutierrez confirmed that there were no reports of students in the building at the time of the fire, and that all losses were material.

Loading...