Press "Enter" to skip to content

Shoppers evacuated from Playa del Carmen Sam’s Club after smoke detectors alarm

Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — A thick plume of smoke forced the evacuation of the Sam’s Club in Playa del Carmen Wednesday, leaving shoppers outside.

Sam’s Club shoppers were ushered out of doors Wednesday when the store’s smoke alarms began sounding. The sudden alarm forced staff to evacuate the shopping store while waiting for firefighters. Playa del Carmen firemen did arrive on scene and were successful in locating the cause of the smoke that set off the alarms.

The smoke was caused by melting plastic after the store’s cleaning crew left lite lamps next to plastic containers, which began to melt. That melting effect generated smoke thick enough to sound the store’s smoke alarms.

There were no reported injuries in the mishap.

Loading...