Press "Enter" to skip to content

Plumber electrocuted working in Cancun hotel

Cancun, Q.R. — The State Attorney General’s Office has reported the death of a maintenance man while working inside a hotel of the Cancun Hotel Zone.

According to information provided, the 25-year-old plumber who was from Tabasco, died after being electrocuted while performing maintenance inside the Riu Cancun hotel. Police arrived at the hotel around 2:15 p.m. in response to the emergency call for help.

When they arrived, they found 25-year-old Gustavo N, an employee of JLE, had suffered electrocution after accidentally making contact with an electric cable. Personnel of the Fiscalía General del Estado (FGE) arrived along with paramedics, who pronounced the man on site.

Elements from the Forensic Medical Service in Cancun were called to remove the body.

Loading...