Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — A Playa del Carmen painter remains in serious condition after receiving burns to more than 60 percent of his body. The unidentified man was working in the Ejido area of Playa del Carmen Wednesday, when he was accidentally electrocuted.
The man, a painter by trade, was working on the third level an apartment building around 2:00 p.m. when his metal paint pole accidentally made contact with overhead CFE cables.
Paramedics arrived at the site of the accident along 110 Avenue to transfer him to hospital. The flow of electricity left him with burns to more than 60 percent of his body.
Civil Protection also went to the site to verify the conditions in which the man was working.