Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — A male worker from a private maintenance company has died after being electrocuted while cleaning a cistern.
According to preliminary information, the accident occurred at 7:30 p.m. Monday at Selva Nova at Paseos del Mayab avenue. Reports say the man was to clean a water cistern, however just as he was finishing, the extension cord he used for the vacuum fell into the tank, electrifying the water and causing his death.
He was seen by a security guard who notified employees who called Emergency 911. By the time paramedics arrived, the man was already deceased.
Personnel from the Directorate of Civil Protection, municipal police and Forensic Medical Service arrived. The identity of the man was not released.