Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — A man has died after being electrocuted while making repairs on his roof during a recent thunderstorm.
The incident happened in the irregular community of In-House in the city’s far west on Monday. Reports say the man climbed on top of his roof during the Monday thunderstorm to make repairs to an air conditioner. While there, he made contact with electric cables that, when combined with the heavy rains, left him electrocuted.
The man went onto his roof around 4:00 p.m. but was not discovered until 8:00 p.m. that evening. The neighbor who found him called Emergency 911.
Playa del Carmen firemen were called to the scene to remove the body from the rooftop.