Press "Enter" to skip to content

One injured in Cancun Hotel Zone restaurant after accumulation of gas ignites

Cancun, Q.R. — An eruption of flames due to an accumulation of LP gas left one restaurant staff member with burns. The accident happened in the kitchen of a Cancun Hotel Zone restaurant Monday.

Firemen and paramedics rushed to the scene where Inspector Mario Lazaro detailed that an accumulation of LP gas from an industrial stove ignited, creating a fireball that left a restaurant staff member with second degree burns.

The young 24-year-old woman who worked at the restaurant was taken to hospital and treated for burns to her face and upper body.

Firefighters remained on site where they continued to inspect the premises and disconnect the electrical system. Civil Protection personnel, along with the restaurant manager, were in search of the ignition point that created the flash.

Loading...