Press "Enter" to skip to content

One dies after two men electrocuted cleaning water tank

Chemuyil, Q.R. — Civil Protection, firefighters, public security and paramedics from the municipality of Tulum responded to the Thursday Emergency 911 call of two men who had been electrocuted on a rooftop.

The two men, identified as Guillermo N and Refael N, were on the roof of a private home in the town of Chemuyil cleaning a water tank when they made contact with power lines. Both were severely shocked since the rooftop was pooled with water. One of the men died on scene, while the other was taken to hospital.

Tulum firemen lower the bodies from the rooftop

Both men were lowered from the top of the house with the aid of firemen. A private ambulance transferred the surviving man to hospital where he was treated for electrical burns and a servere head injury.

Loading...