Press "Enter" to skip to content

No fire at the Cancun Ibis Hotel

Cancun, Q.R. – Guests at the Ibis Hotel on Tulum Avenue in central Cancun were evacuated on Friday as firefighters rushed to the hotel to extinguish a fire.

Upon arrival, firefighters were greeted with heavy plumes of thick smoke emanating from floors of the hotel. After an inspection, firefighters found the smoke was coming from a faulty exhaust pipe from a hotel restaurant.

A photo circulating on social media was responsible for authorities believing a fire had broken out at the Ibis Hotel. The faulty exhaust pipe was repaired.

Comments are closed.