Press "Enter" to skip to content

Mobility restrictions reinstated for all of Quintana Roo

Last updated on May 28, 2021

Cancun, Riviera Maya, Q.R. — Mobility restrictions reintroduced in Chetumal now include the entire state. Due to the increase in Covid-19 figures, mobility restrictions return throughout Quintana Roo with the installation of roadway sanitary filters.

State governor Carlos Joaquin says that the installation of sanitary filters has been placed at the entrances and exits of all municipalities, as well as at other points deemed necessary. Maximum capacities will also be reinstated in both public and private vehicles.

Quintana Roo governor, Carlos Joaquin

In his announcement, he explained that the restriction on the number of people in private vehicles and public transport is contemplated. In the case of rental cars, they must travel with a maximum of three passengers, including the driver. Collective taxis may travel with 50 percent of the maximum passenger capacity.

In addition to mobility, he says the mandatory use of a face mask is established for all persons who are outside their home and on board public transport vehicles.

“Failure to comply with the measures provided for in the subsections will be considered a serious infraction in terms of article 198 section IX of the Mobility Law of the State of Quintana Roo, by putting the general health of other people at risk,” he says.

Social events, meetings and congregations of more than 10 people are not permitted. Also is the suspension of face-to-face work in government offices during the period of December 14, 2020 to January 15, 2021, except those whose work activities are related with the attention of procedures and services to the public.

Carlos Joaquin stated that with a slight improvement, Quintana Roo remains in a yellow epidemiological light from December 21 to 27, adding that rapid testing for Coronavirus will be increased around the state. In addition to the initial 10,000, another 10,000 to 15,000 rapid tests will be made available, noting that the rebound in infections last week has forced the government to take action.

He also said that the measures taken already have resulted in a slight improvement in risk figures, with the northern area falling from 1.3 to one and the southern region from 1.3 to just under one.

Loading...