José María Morelos, Q.R. — A minor child who was left unattended at home accidentally set the family house on fire in the Mayan community of José María Morelos.
Reports say that the mother of the child ran out to shop and left the boy alone in the San Juan neighborhood. Neighbors intervened when they saw smoke coming from the palapa roof of the home. Firemen were called, and due to a quick response, were able to save most of the structure.
Neighbors were also able to remove the child and many of the possession from inside the home before firemen arrived.
The fire was caused from the boy playing with matches.