Miami Heat’s Chris Bosh out for season

UPDATED: The Heat has announce that Chris Bosh will be out for the rest of the season due to health issues.

The 10-time NBA All-Star was admitted to a Miami hospital last week after meeting with a doctor for a consultation that has since revealed what doctors suspected, blood clots on his lung.

“Chris is OK and his prognosis is good,” the Heat said in a statement.

Bosh was admitted to hospital last Thursday.

On January 23, Brooklyn Nets power forward Mirza Teletovic was diagnosed with multiple blood clots in his lungs and is also out for the rest of the season.

Lung tests could prove a worst case scenario being blood clots on his lungs. If doctors find there is a pulmonary embolus or multiple clots, he could be forced out for the rest of the season or longer while undergoing treatment.

In the event tests show blood clots, Bosh would likely be treated with blood thinners, which would limit his physical activity for several months.

Bosh said he began feeling ill last weekend, experiencing pain in his chest and rib area. Last weekend in New York, he played 11 minutes in the Sunday All-Star game and won the Shooting Stars event for the third year straight. After the game, he traveled to Haiti with his wife, Adrienne, for a three-day carnival.

Thirty-year-old Bosh is a two-time champion for the Heat, signing a five-year contract last July worth $118 million, making his contract the largest guaranteed deal in the NBA.

With a 22-30 record, the Heat is currently in eighth place in the Eastern conference standings with 30 games left in the regular season.

Their next game is scheduled for tonight at 7:30 pm at Madison Square Garden. Bosh did not travel with his team to tonight’s game.

Latest News