Mexico’s Carlos Slim cuts ties with Donald Trump

Mexico – Carlos Slim has canceled a project with Donald Trump over Trump’s recent rant against Mexicans.

On Monday, a spokesperson for Slim said that a television company controlled by Carlos Slim has cancelled a project with the real estate TV personality, Donald Trump, over insulting comments made against Mexicans.

Slim’s son-in-law, Arturo Elias, explained that Ora TV, a production company co-founded by Larry King and Carlos Slim and funded by America Movil, have decided to cancel a program they were working on with some of Trump’s companies.

“His statement was totally out of line…working with someone so closed-minded was not going to work,” Elias said, adding that the comments were racist.

Earlier this month, Trump said that migrants from Mexico entering the United States were drug-runners and rapists.

Slim is the third company to cut ties with billionaire Trump, who is seeking nomination for the November 2016 US presidential election.

Earlier on Monday, NBC announced that they would no longer air Trump’s Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants due to his comments. On Thursday, Univision (UVN.UL), a Spanish language broadcaster, also announced they were no longer supporting Trump’s Miss USA pageant.

According to Forbes, Slim remains the world’s richest man with a net worth of around $71.1 billion. Trump is 405 on Forbes list with a net worth of $4.1 billion.

Latest News

Leave a Comment