Puerto Morelos, Q.R. — A fire in an outdoor storage area of a Riviera Maya Hotel left considerable material damage but no injuries. The fire was reported early Tuesday morning on the grounds of the Dorado Hotel near Puerto Morelos.
According to preliminary information, a palapa caught fire and burned hotel property including kitchen equipment and golf carts. Firemen were able to extinguish flames before it spread to the surrounding jungle area.
Damage amounts were not released, however, the fire was said to have likely started from a short circuit.