Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — One of the two men arrested earlier this week in the deaths of two Playa del Carmen security guards will stand trial. The Attorney General of the State of Quintana Roo reports Ricardo R will go to trial for two counts of homicide.
The FGE says Ricardo R is accused of participating in the murder of two men on February 6, while inside a security booth of a housing complex located along the federal highway in the municipality of Solidaridad.
The defendant, with two other people, apparently arrived at the scene in a van and, after threatening the security guards, shot them, killing both before fleeing the scene.
Evidence collected allowed the identification of one of the probable participants in the deaths, for which Ricardo R was arrested in the streets of Cancun earlier this week.
The Attorney General says that Ricardo R will remain locked up as a precautionary measure.