Press "Enter" to skip to content

Man believed responsible for deadly Tulum restaurant shooting arrested in Chihuahua

Tulum, Q.R. — A man believed responsible for the shooting death of two tourists in a Tulum restaurant last year, has been arrested. The State Attorney General’s Office out of Cancun has reported on the arrest of José D.

The agency says the suspect was arrested in the state of Chihuahua in coordination with their Prosecutor’s Office of that state. He is in the process of being transferred back to Quintana Roo to face charges.

José D is alleged responsible for the killing of two female tourists inside a Tulum restaurant in October of last year. The October 20 shooting also left three others wounded. The two women killed were tourists from India.

Arrested in deadly Tulum restaurant shooting

In their report, the Cancun FGE said that “investigative police agents located José D alias “El Bolillo”, after six months of monitoring. He was arrested in collaboration with the the Attorney General of the State of Chihuahua after they managed to identify the place where José D worked.”

“He was located in streets of the Colonia Aztecas in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, where he was captured on an arrest warrant for the crime of homicide.”

The FGE of Quintana Roo says José D “is a probable participant in the events that occurred on October 20, 2021 at La Malquerida restaurant in Tulum where two women of foreign origin lost their lives and three more people were injured.”

In November, less than two weeks after the shooting, the FGE announced the arrest of their first suspect in the deadly restaurant attack between criminal gang members. Moisés C was apprehended after follow-up investigations related to the double homicide at La Malquerida restaurant of Tulum.

The FGE reported that Moisés C was charged with manslaughter, attempted murder and qualified injuries for being one of the subjects who fired into the restaurant.