Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — One of the men detained last week in a central Playa del Carmen purge will remain behind bars on murder charges.
The Attorney General of the State says that through the Special Prosecutor’s Office in Homicide Investigation, evidence produced in courts was enough to keep Óscar Z locked up. The Attorney General explained that Óscar Z was part of the handcuffed group of 26 that were removed from Playa del Carmen streets on September 12.
While identifying those taken into custody, police learned that Óscar Z was wanted on two counts of murder that happened locally in October of 2020. The FGE says that the now accused caused two men various injuries with a knife, which resulted in their deaths. He then left the bodies in the streets of a central Playa del Carmen neighborhood.