Tulum, Q.R. — Public security elements of Tulum responded to the call of a fire due to the electrical storm that crossed over the coastal portion of the state Monday.
Hotel employees were the first responders who proceeded to try to control the fire while waiting for emergency personnel to arrive with the use of their 22 extinguishers.
The fire was reported in a cabin at the Diamante K Hotel in Tulum at 8:30 p.m. due to a lightning strike. Juan Carlos Medina Sosa, the Directorate of Civil Protection, proceeded to the scene with five elements to verify the property and that there were no injuries to guests or hotel staff.
Fire Department personnel, under the command of Director Oscar Pérez Ortigoza, also arrived with 14 elements and five units. They were successful in dousing flames. There was no report on estimated damage.