Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — A small home in the Misión del Carmen subdivision claimed the possessions of those living there. Nearby neighbors called emergency services Thursday after seeing smoke coming from inside the house.
The fire was reported around 8:30 a.m. to emergency 911. Supervisor Ignacio González Méndez, along with six elements, responded to the call on Misión de las Flores Street. When they arrived, they found the inside of the home engulfed in flames.
After an hour, firemen were successful in putting out the fire. The inside of home, along with all its contents, were destroyed. Reports say an electrical short circuit was likely to blame. No injuries were reported.