Huamúchil, Oaxaca — The government of Oaxaca reports the continued search for two missing fishermen off the coast of Huamúchil after a crew of six went missing last week.
State Civil Protection of Oaxaca (CEPCO) says a helicopter was sent out to sea Monday in search of the two remaining crew members, one adult and one minor. Head of the Coordinación Estatal de Protección Civil de Oaxaca (CEPCO) Heliodoro Carlos Díaz Escárraga, says an air search for the remaining two fishermen was conducted Monday by the state government without locating the bodies.
The two remaining fishermen have been identified as Álvaro T.M. and a minor, Darío G.E., neither of whom have yet to be located. Díaz Escárraga stressed that they have been searching for the last two lost fishermen for five days.
On February 27, CEPCO, in coordination with the Secretary of the Navy and municipal authorities, located four of the six missing fishermen through a search operation after they were reported missing the day before. The group of six left the shores of Huamúchil at 7:00 a.m. but failed to return.
Díaz Escárraga says their continued objective is to locate the two missing fishermen.