Press "Enter" to skip to content

Gas explosion causes palapa fire in Tulum hotel

Tulum, Q.R. — Minimal damage has been reported after a palapa fire at a Tulum hotel. On Wednesday night, a palapa roof belonging to the Ahau Hotel caught fire. Firefighters responded to the call at the hotel, which is located at kilometer 7.5 of the coastal area.

Firemen were able to extinguish flames before they spread to other areas of the establishment. According to the owner of the hotel, Roberto Palazuelos, the cause of the fire was from the explosion of a small gas tank, which caused only minimal damage.

Guests were evacuated without injuries. The explosion left two hotel employees with burns on their arms. Both were transferred to hospital for treatment. There was no word on an estimate of damages.

Loading...