Press "Enter" to skip to content

Fireworks leave Cancun boy with leg injuries

Cancun, Q.R. — A 9-year-old child was taken to Cancun hospital after suffering severe burns on his leg from fireworks.

The child received the burns when he and friends were playing with bombitas (small fireworks) around 11:00 p.m. Upon lighting one bombita, a spark landed on his pants, igniting the others he had stored in his pocket.

The young boy was taken to hospital by ambulance with second degree burns to his right leg.

Loading...