Cancun, Q.R. — A fire in the Cancun Hotel Zone left firefighters scrambling to prevent the flames spreading.
A fire broke out just after midnight in the Oasis Hotel in the Cancun Hotel Zone. According to preliminary information, the fire was located on the fourth floor of the hotel and spread to several nearby rooms.
However, firefighters from three units arrived at the hotel and were able to prevent the flames spreading to additional spaces.
A short circuit has been assumed the cause of the blaze. Although ambulances arrived on scene, there were no reports of injuries.