Press "Enter" to skip to content

FGE rules death of American man in Cancun as accidental

Cancun, Q.R. — The Attorney General of Quintana Roo reports the death of an American man as accidental. The July 22 accident left one man from Texas dead after he was found lodged inside a bathroom window.

In a press release, the Fiscalía General del Estado (FGE) reported the cause of death as mechanical asphyxia due to thoracic-abdominal compression after becoming stuck inside the window of the bathroom of his hotel.

Hotel guests were interviewed as were witnesses to determine the events that lead to his becoming stuck in the hotel’s bathroom window. Those details were not provided. However, the FGE reported that due to his height, he was unable to support his weight with his feet once his upper body became stuck, thus dying from abdominal compression.

No signs of violence were found at the scene. The FGE says they remain in constant communication with US consular authorities.

The deceased has been identified as Elijah Snow, a Texas Fire Department Apparatus Operator.

Loading...