Press "Enter" to skip to content

Faulty wiring cause of Playa del Carmen house fire

Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — Material damage was the result of a fire that was reported during the night Thursday by neighbors who called in a Playa del Carmen house fire.

Firemen from the H. Cuerpo de Bomberos say they were sent to the scene around 3:00 a.m. where they found the interior of a home located along 46th Avenue billowing heavy plumes of smoke. Firemen, along with Protección Civil, were able to extinguish the cause of the smoke inside the home.

They say no one was home at the time the fire broke out, noting those who lived there were at work and did not arrive back until 6:00 a.m., which is when they were informed of the incident.

Since the home was empty at the time of the fire, no human injuries were reported. A short circuit due to faulty wiring is said to have been the cause of the fire.

Loading...