Press "Enter" to skip to content

Extension cord for music player said cause of Cozumel palapa fire

Cozumel, Q.R. — Cozumel firemen responded to the C-5 report Monday of a palapa fire on Cayumito Street in Cozumel. The Director of Civil Protection, Héctor Mac Marín, reported that the fire was located on the roof of a massage palapa.

The structure, which he said was approximately 8 x 8 square meters, began to burn, but was doused by firemen without any injuries. Preliminary reports say the fire was caused by an electrical cord connected to a music player.

Flames quickly ripped through the massage palapa, consuming it in its entirety.

Loading...