Playa Del Carmen, Q.R. — Emergency services sent police and firemen to a restaurant along Fifth Avenue Wednesday after the report of a kitchen fire. Responders arrived at the Fifth Avenue and 40th Street eatery to find flames had already been dealt with.
According to preliminary information, the restaurant’s chef called 911 after a grease fire started in the hood above the stove. Kitchen staff were successful in putting the fire out with on site fire extinguishers before firemen arrived on scene.
Civil Protection were also part of the responding team who verified the report. Additional information regarding the incident was not provided by authorities.