Press "Enter" to skip to content

Electrical short circuit to blame for Cancun fire

Cancun, Q,R, — A Cancun rehabilitation center was completely destroyed after it caught fire by what authorities are saying was due to an electrical short circuit.

Emergency services were sent to the scene in Alfredo V. Bonfil along Alamos Avenue where Cancun firemen were kept busy extinguishing the fully-engulfed building. Authorities say the fire began via a short circuit due to the irregular installation of electric power.

They report that a power supply cable overheated and eventually reached a palapa, which immediately burst into flames.

Neighbors were quick to notify authorities of the fire. There were no reports of human injuries, only material damage.

Loading...