Press "Enter" to skip to content

Electrical short circuit causes fire in Cancun apartment building

Cancun, Q.R. — A fire caused by a transformer short circuit had Cancun police and firemen attend the scene in a centrally located apartment building.

The fire was called in to 911, who sent emergency personnel to a residential building in SM 43 where firemen confirmed a CFE transformer box had caught fire. Firemen were called to the scene when residents noticed the burning was heading toward a stationary gas tank, which became the focus of firemen once on site.

Authorities did not report injuries, only damage to the building and gas pipe network inside the building.

Loading...