Press "Enter" to skip to content

Cozumel Telmex worker dies after receiving electric shock, falling from pole

Cozumel, Q.R. — A Cozumel worker from Telefonos de México (Telmex) died after receiving an electric shock and falling from a pole. The accident happened Monday afternoon while the man was making repairs in the Andrés Quintana Roo neighborhood.

The man, identified as 39-year-old José Agustín de la Cruz Flores, was near the top of the pole when he made contact with CFE (Federal Electricity Commission) cables. The high voltage electric shock caused him to fall from the pole. He reportedly fell eight meters to the pavement below.

Loading...