Cozumel, Q.R. — A short circuit is being blamed for the fire in a Cozumel ambulance Wednesday. The ambulance caught fire while responding to an emergency call. Isaac Domínguez Cruz, deputy director of Civil Protection, said that firemen were sent to the scene on 6th Street North to extinguish flames.
However, the paramedics inside the unit had already utilized their 4 kilo fire extinguisher and had flames out by the time firemen arrived. In a bid to ensure all flames were fully extinguished, firemen proceeded with additional measures.
The ambulance was reportedly responding to a medical emergency in a private home when the mishap occurred. There were no reported injuries.