Press "Enter" to skip to content

Chetumal man electrocuted while filling stationary rooftop tank

Chetumal, Q.R. — An employee of a gas distribution company died from an electrical shock while filling an LP gas tank on the roof of a business. The accident happened in Chetumal Tuesday afternoon when the man made contact with the overhead electric cables.

The gas employee was refilling a stationary rooftop LP tank for a business along Avenida Independencia when he accidentally made contact with the high voltage wires. He was left suspended across the cables.

Police and paramedics arrived as did the fire department to lower the body. The deceased was identified only as Jorge N.

Loading...