Cofepris warns against taking Capslim products Health Mexico 

Cofepris warns against taking Capslim products

A public warning is being re-issued about the risks of consuming Capslim products. While promoted as a nutritional supplement, the Federal Commission for the Protection against Health Risks (Cofepris ) is reminding people that the product is not legal in Mexico. Through a statement, Cofepris warns consumers about the risks associated with taking the product, reporting that Capslim does not have sanitary registration, nor is their distribution center or branches known. Due to their lack of sanitary regulation, the product cannot be legally advertised. Capslim products include nutritional supplements, weight loss pills and…

Read More
Fingernail sized chili pepper hottest in the world Health 

Fingernail sized chili pepper hottest in the world

While Mexico is notorious for its hot chilies, the world’s hottest does not come from anywhere in Latin America, but instead, can be found in a town in North Wales. Dragon’s Breath Chili, as its been named, is the hottest pepper in the world and was created by Mike Smith, a fruit producer and and researcher at Nottingham Trent University in North Wales. The tiny chili, which is the size of a fingernail, is considered the hottest with oils so potent it’s able to numb the skin and serve as a natural anesthetic. Mike Smith who is a…

Read More
Health 

Non-Plastic bags that dissolve in sea water

An Indonesian man has created a biodegradable bag that is non-toxic, serves as fertilizer and dissolves when in sea water. Indonesian biologist Kevin Kumala and his company Avani Eco, have been designing I Am Not Plastic bags since 2014. The bags are made from cassava that are 100 percent biodegradable and on contact with water dissolve, turning into food and drink. “When I was going to surf or dive, this was no longer a pleasure for me. I found plastic everywhere. I visited in Bali. This became very frustrating for me,” said Kevin Kumala. The bag is made…

Read More
Newborn baby dies from virus through kiss Health 

Newborn baby dies from virus through kiss

Iowa, US — A couple from Iowa is warning parents with newborn babies of the dangers of human contact and viruses after their 18-day old daughter died. A week after she was born, her parents, Nicole and Shane Sifrit, married. However two hours after the couple’s wedding, they said they were unable to wake their daughter to eat. “Within two hours, she had quit breathing and all her organs just started to fail,” Nicole Sifrit told CNN affiliate WHO. According to a report by WHO, the couple left their wedding early…

Read More
Local authorities warn about Avitia products Health Mexico 

Local authorities warn about Avitia products

Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — Local health authorities are warning people about the dangers of using Avitia products after a 24-year-old woman lost her life to the weight loss drug. Lucero Priscila Garza, mother of a one-year-old in Monterrey, died after spending six days in a coma. The woman apparently took the Avitia weight loss drug for several days. She was declared brain dead and taken off life support six days after entering the hospital. She purchased the drug off Facebook, however, the page has since been taken down. The Federal Commission…

Read More
Micro-needle patch could replace flu shots Health 

Micro-needle patch could replace flu shots

If you are afraid of injections, a small patch might be the solution to dealing with the flu. The resluts of a clinical trial published in The Lancet medical journal, showed the micro-needle patch to be “well tolerated” for possible use. Instead of getting a flu shot with a traditional syringe needle, the small patch, which is outfitted with 100 tiny needles, gets pressed into the skin where it delivers a vaccine. “They’re really small, you can barely see them,” said Dr. Nadine Rouphael, an associate professor at the Emory University…

Read More

Is direct sun exposure good or bad for you?

There’s no getting around the fact that damaged skin is often blamed on age and too much sun. While both are known factors for maturing our skin, the relationship between sun exposure and skin cancer is not that straightforward. A Scandinavian study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute (2003) concluded that sun burns during our adolescence are the most dangerous. Yet, the same sunburn-causing UVB wavelengths received throughout your life kick off the chemical and metabolic chain reaction that produces vitamin D3. The human body synthesizes vitamin…

Read More

Urine levels in public pools alarming

A new study has found a way to measure the amount of urine in public swimming pools. Researchers from the University of Alberta have found that in a pool of 833,000 liters – which is one-third the size of an Olympic pool – there was 75 liters of urine. That tallies up to be the equivalent of 20 large milk jugs. A second swimming pool that was tested was half the size and found to have 26.5 liters of urine in its water. The team collected water samples from swimming…

Read More