Cancun, Q.R. — A Cancun woman has been taken to hospital after suffering severe electrical shock during a thunderstorm.
As storms made their way across the city of Cancun Wednesday evening, a lightening strike near a grocery market electrocuted a young shopper.
A preliminary report from paramedics said that 25-year-old Rubí Magdalena had just left the grocery market when a bolt of lightening struck nearby.
The incident occurred at 8:00 p.m. in SM 221 at the store, Dieguito. As she walked outside, she was hit by the electric shock. Emergency 911 responded to the call.
Magdalena suffered severe burns to her face and was taken to hospital. Paramedics said that she was reported to be in stable condition with most burns confined to her nose and mouth.