Press "Enter" to skip to content

Cancun man dies from burns after house doused with gas

Cancun, Q.R. — A man who received burns to more than 90 percent of his body after his house was doused in gasoline, has died in a Cancun hospital.

The death of the man was recorded Tuesday at the Cancun General Hospital after he was admitted in the early morning hours of Monday. The man, identified only as J.S., was burned nearly to death when his home was doused in gasoline and lite by unknown subjects.

The fire reportedly occurred at 4:30 a.m. while he was sleeping. Neighbors on Avenida Revoluci├│n in SM 76 woke to the fire and called Emergency 911. Police, firemen and paramedics arrived to find the man severely burned. He was rushed to hospital where doctors said he suffered second and third degree burns to nearly all of his body.

Neighbors said they saw a Ford focus speeding away from the home the night of the fire. There have been no arrests.