Last updated on January 25, 2021
Holbox, Q.R. — A fire broke out in a hotel on Isla Holbox Tuesday morning with a short circuit being blamed as the cause.
Smoke and flames began billowing from the three-story building around 11:00 a.m Tuesday with authorities tending to the scene. Firemen were quick to arrive to ensure flames did not spread to other buildings.
Area Civil Protection director Alejandro Eroza Betancourt, together with various elements under his command, continue to investigate, however, the fire is said to have originated as a result of a short circuit.
Official damage to Hotel Delux was not immediately released, however, authorities did report no injuries.