Tulum, Q.R. — Tulum firemen were quick to the scene of a fire that broke out in a hostel Saturday.
The fire, which was reported in Colonia La Veleta, was that of a wooden storage shed built on the second level of the building.
Elements of the H. Fire Department were able to extinguish flames, reporting approximately 25 percent of the hostel suffered burn damage. Firemen remained on scene to remove the blackened debris.
The name of the hostel was not released. A short circuit is believed responsible for the fire. There were no reports of injuries.