Press "Enter" to skip to content

Apartment fire in Playa del Carmen caused by fan short circuit

Playa del Carmen, Q.R. — Firemen were called to an apartment fire in Playa del Carmen Friday after a fan short-circuited.

Civil Protection says a short circuit in a fan was the cause of an apartment fire in the residential community of Misión de Las Flores. The apartment, which was occupied by a family, did not suffer much damage since both firemen and Civil Protection teams were quick to the scene.

Photo: Protección Civil

No injuries were reported since the family who live in the apartment were away at work when the fire broke out.

Their home suffered only minor material damage.